Saturday, November 22, 2008

Class Critique

The small group class critique was extremely helpful to me to learn about the things that I was good at doing, and the tings that I needed to improve on.
People told me that they liked my use of shadow and color to show actual shape of objects, that, especially in my white objects painting, I was able to create shape lines and a smooth texture, people thought that i used very interesting composition in my paintings.
The things I needed to work on included, in my surface and texture painting, making my objects appear more textured, especially the tree bark which looked a little too fuzzy. People noticed that i was much more comfortable working with lighter color than with darker colors. They said that I should pay more attention to my brush strokes, especially when I'm trying to fill in an area, because the broad strokes I tend to use are "mechanical".

This was probably one of the most helpful exercises that we had because it told me exactly what were my strengths and exactly what I need to work on.

No comments: