Thursday, October 16, 2008

Where Am I At?

I'm really liking the course and all the painting that were doing, its really nice to be able to paint in the middle of the day: )

For me the most challenging part of the course so far has definitely been with timing and being able to work at a pace that makes it so that I am able to finish my work on time. This has been hard for me to do because I'm so used to working at my own pace that changing is tough, but I'm working on it, so hopefully ill be able to get a little faster.

I feel that I have progressed over all in my actual painting abilities. Ive been painting a lot before this class started, but I feel like since I have been in class, Ive gotten better at it. I'm understanding how to use colors better and all the different tools and techniques which is really great because these skills will stay with me and Ill be a better painter outside of class. I'm really excited about the class, and I hope that Ill continue to progress.

Looking at paintings throughout history affects us as painters today because it shows us all of the different things that the painters before us went through, all of their different experiences, and because of seeing this we learn from the things that they did, we try to improve on the good things that they did, and try not to make the mistakes that they made. It also affects us as painters today because we can see how various styles of painting developed and this helps us understand out medium and even personal style better.

No comments: